[IP] yet another reason to like my pump

Yesterday, at the last minute, an employee called in sick.  So we
had to rush around and get out to the customer building right away
(time-restricted...we can only clean when they're there, company

So on the way, we stopped at McDonald's cuz I hadn't eaten in
awhile and knew I'd NEED food before the end of that stint.

I chose a carby meal.  Filet-o'fish, large fries.  Gave the Sprite to
husband and took a couple of swigs at the end.

Ok, I calculated around 107 grams (or more from those two swigs,
but I figured I'd work that off).  I bolused for it (activity ratio) AFTER I
finished eating, cuz i didn't know if I'd eat all the fries.

By the time we got to the building, I was down to 69.  oops.  That's
WAY too low to start cleaning with!  Janitorial work is fairly
intensive.  And I had 3 solid hours of it ahead of me.  So I took all
the glucose tablets I had with me.  (I'll remember to put an ENTIRE
bottle of glucose tablets in the car from now on, not just a little
tube that's half empty).

I ended up needing to eat 3 sugar packets before the shift was
over.  And by the time we got back home I was up to 250.

I realized what my mistake was.....  I should have square waved
that meal.  Then husband and one of the customer's employees
wouldn't have to run around looking for a source of sugar for me!  It
was embarrassing to be caught with my glucose down..  (har har)

Today I realized....  what do people on injections do??  Take
Regular I guess.

But oh yeah.  It doesn't concern me anymore.

I like that.

This makes up for those times when a site aches too much.

(now if only I could find a way to store an extra bottle of strips in
the car with that extra bottle of glucose tablets without the
upcoming summer heat destroying them)