Re: [IP] MiniMed 506

On 3 Mar 2001, at 14:46, Melva Richards wrote:

> Is anyone still using a MiniMed 506?  I am, but my dr. thinks it's
> antiquated and that I should have a new one.  I've been using this one
> for 5 1/2 years, but it's still working.  Doesn't have all the bells
> and whistles of the new models, though.
> How about it?  Should I buy a new one?

There is the saying, "if it ain't broke..."   Since you're still using it I
would assume it is doing its job.  The question now becomes, do
you need any more noise in your life with the "bells and whistles"?
If it means any out of pocket expense, I'd stay with what is known
and comfortable.   Just my 2".