[IP] Re:Care Standards

Hello, Group!
I have been following this thread with interest. The ADA has
published standards of care. The following site has
excellent information. Print it out, read it, and then
evaluate your care with the recommendations.
For suggestions posted to the list that are not in the
recommended standards, you might want to contact the ADA
with your comments. The standards are updated and published

Also at the ADA site in the Clinical Practice
recommendations, there is a statement regarding what
insurance coverage should pay for. Since most support groups
are free and many are not hosted by medical professionals,
and are not considered "treatment", I doubt very much that
third party payors (insurance) will cover any expenses you
occur by attending.

Barbara A. Bradley, MS, RN, CDE