Re: [IP] care standards

>Here are some proposals:

even prior to specifics about Dm i feel these are a must for any doctor:

1.  Non-judgemental.  A doctor will not and will not allow any patient ot
be subject to value-judgements based on the patient's responce to therapy
or ability to administer his/her therapy.

2.  A doctor shall not prohibit the patient from choice in choosing the
type of therapy they wish to try regardless of what the doctor's beliefs
may be about such therapy.  If the doctor will not permit the patient to
try a different therapy under his care he will refer the patient to a
doctor who may.

Darrin Parker    Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 3 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &
the http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/ mailing list.

of MDI!  (To date:  53% improvement in average bg's, 70% fewer hypos & a
decrease in standard deviation of test results of 70%)!