[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #929

I was wondering if anyone else ever had this happen to them or have heard of
this happening.  Acquantences of our's daughter (she is 11) is on Minimed.
She had a friend over, and they were in her house just going about their
nomal business.  Her friend walked up to her and touched her giving her a
normal static electricity shock.  Well when this happened, her pump went
blank and the beeps and tones (alarm sounds) have changed.  They called
minimed and they told her to bascially keep an eye on it.  (that would have
been the end of using that pump and I would have demanded a new one. Maybe
they did, I do not know the whole store, but I do know they are using the
same one.)  I was just curious if this happened to anyone else or if you
heard of it happening.