Re: [IP] Shingles

On 2 Mar 2001, at 19:34, Pamela Payne wrote:

> rash of some sort. I had commented that it looked like a classic case of
> shingles. His response was "in a 10 year old, no." After several days of
> extreme discomfort that no medications helped my husband wrote a
> prescription for a shingle medication and we went to a dermatologist.
> Diagnosis, shingles in a 10 year old.

heh.  I was 28 when I had shingles, and was told by several
doctors that no one under 40 should get them.

Yeah, and I got "juvenile" diabetes at age 38.

I suppose when I turn 48, I'll have to return to diapers.  :-)

> He was not surprised because the
> shingle virus is a dormant virus which has as one of the triggers, tah dah,
> stress. Diabetics do occasionally experience stress....as in everyday!
> Shingles and diabetes are a combination he had seen several times, and in
> diabetic children as often as adults.

I'd sat in a small poorly ventilated room with a little girl with active
chicken pox for about an hour precisely 15 days before I got