[IP] Re:Macular Degeneration

Hi,
I went to the Eye Dr. for a normal visit today,
thinking that I was just going to get glasses.
The Dr. did his exam, and then told me that he needed
to dilate my eyes. Now I was just to the Retna Dr. at
the beginning of June 2000. After Looking in my eyes
(after they were dilated) he asked me for the name of
the Retna Dr. so that he could call him, which he did
right there in his office.
He then put me on the phone with the Retna Dr. so that
I could make an appointment for this coming week,
because I have Macular Degeneration in my right eye.
Is this caused because of the diabetes? He told me I
would have to speak to the other Dr.
Here is the big question.... Is there a cure?
Thanks,
Sherree