[IP] care standards

I think the care standards are great that have been posted.

My two cents would be that an endo be made an option was a
primary care provider. I know that some HMO will allow your ob/gyn
as your primary and in some cases a renal guy can be made your
primary care provider if you have renal failure.
I have not had great experiences with endos or their very busy
offices and would hate to see diabetics not given a choice of
primary care providers. I think there are a great many internal med
docs out there that have a special interest in diabetes that provide
excellent care.
Just my two cents
Gail J Donohue