[IP] Pregnancy

I have posted before that my husband and I are really trying to get
pregnant. I have passed the big hurdles in having kidneys
checked...doc says that are as normal as a non-diabetic, last
Ha1c was 4.7, started taking prenatal vitamins etc...

Well we thought last week that we were successful, many signs of
pregnancy and morning sickness. But I was getting so sick that by
Saturday I was dehydrated and in the ER. I was spotting when I
was admitted. Several hours later I was bleeding heavily and found
out rabbit test came up positive. I was three weeks, so just barely
pregnant. What was concerning doctor was that I was no keeping
fluids down and even though the pump was disconnected for about
20 hours and I had dextrose dripping we couldn't keep blood sugars
up over 50.

We check to make sure pump wasn't malfunctioning but I had even
pulled out site and 36 hours later blood sugars were still not
staying at 65. Bleeding was extremely heavy and then stopped.
Two days later rabbit test was negative. So we are calling it a

Has anyone else gone through this? This is the second time in two
months that this has happened. Doctor said no trying for this
month and we are now in the process of getting referral and
authorization for an inferitity doctor, based on the fact that I can't
seem to hold on to a pregnancy. I was hoping that for once the
body would just behave and be normal at one thing.

I know there are lots of options that the doctors can use and there
is technology to help us out. I would love to hear for others that
have had to deal with this...please feel free to email me privately.
Has anyone else had there blood sugars dive at the beginning of a

Doc knows I am staying in good spirits about this. We now have on
going joke while in the hospital was that I was cured of the
diabetes when I was totally off the pump with no insulin for about
48 hours and blood sugars were still not going over 100. I wish.
Once bleeding stopped the blood sugars shot up and I was back
on the pump. I sure want to try to avoid this happening again.

Gail J Donohue