Re: [IP] strips for the ultra

Victoria,

I just purchased an Ultra meter last weekend for my daughter.  She had
been using a Fast Take.  The strips are not the same, so unfortunately,
you cannot use Fast Take strips with the Ultra meter....  And by the way,
my pharmacy here in the suburbs of Minneapolis, was able to order the
Ultra test strips from their supplier and had them here for us the next
day!

Good luck....Bev

>From: "pclark" <email @ redacted> >Reply-To: email @ redacted >To:
"insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted> >Subject: [IP] strips
for the ultra >Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 09:56:46 -0800 > >I would like to
know if the strips for the ultra and the fast take meters >are the same.I
started on the pump January 29th and am now testing my blood >sugar at
least 8 times a day. I have been using the One Touch Profile for >almost
5 years, but recently found out my insurance will now also cover the
>fast take and strips for that meter. But the ultra is not on their
>formulary. I would like to know if the strips for the ultra are the same
as >those for the fast take, since I would be interested in getting the
ultra >eventually. > >Victoria