Re: [IP] DIABETES FROM CHICKEN POX( AND SHINGLES...)

> I agree with the theory of lying dormant.  I have 8 siblings and
> they all but one had chicken pox.  I was diagnosed at 27.

Until the advent of the vaccine, virtually everyone that attends any
kind of school as a young child has had chicken pox. Probably 99.9%
of the population if I were to make a guess.

So you can safely say that almost all diabetics (both type1 and 11)
have had chicken pox. That said, the obvious correlation is that the
incidence of diabetes in the general population is almost identical
to the incidence of diabetes in the chicken poxed population which
would lead one to conclude that there is no correlation whatsoever
between chicken pox and diabetes.

Michael