[IP] Melissa's Vent

Maybe I'm out of touch (26 years out of undergrad)but I would have been thrilled to have a double room at the price of a single.  Yes, its nice to have someone near by if you do run into trouble at night but my experience was that my friends helped me much more during the college days ( and through today) than people assigned by the Dean of Housing.  If your ex room-mate couldn't communicate with you after 4+ semesters of his/her need to move, would she/he have been there for you when you needed him/her? - Bob Nnn