[IP] Re: buffered insulin

prevent occlusion in the infusion tubing, it seems that for many the buffering
serves a dual purpose, i.e., to reduce the possibility of site inflammation.

When I started pumping ('83) we used Lilly Regular Beef/Pork insulin. I got a
couple of abcesses at sites so endo switched me to Velosulin since it was
Nordisk's pure pork insulin; I didn't get any more abcesses. Later, the
buffering was added to prevent occluding, then later yet it became Human
insulin, semi-synthetic.  I started using Humalog 12/97. (~_^)

http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND http://www.picturetrail.com/dmbashpics (now
with an album of the evolution of pumps)
Poor spellers of the world, untie!