Subject: Re: [IP] DIABETES FROM CHICKEN POX...I'M ON OF THOSE :o)

Faith writes
> was told i got diabetes from the chicken pox also, and this was back in
> 1983!  they say the chicken pox virus resembles the islet cells or
> something
> in the pancreas so closely that when the anitbodies fight off the virus it
> kills off the cells too, thus IDDM....... now maybe i explained it wrong,
> but
> it sounds good to me :O)
the virus can infect the islet cells too, once the cells start to die they
release protein which is presented to the dendritic cells of the lymphatic
cells, those cells recognize the protein as foreign and trigger a killer
t-cell atack on our islet cells.you can get it from lots of rather banal
viral infections, mumps is one that infects islet cells and in men also
germinal cells in the testicles. coxakie virus b , mengo virus and smetimes
other non specific viral infections.