Re: [IP] My Horrible Doctor's Appointment Yesterday

In a message dated 3/2/01 11:14:23 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I see the ob today and if he can't tell me the new endo will see me, I may
> just not see an endo while I'm pregnant.  I will just go by the pumping
> insulin book, or whatever.  I'm not willing to go through this again.  I
> have enough fears without hearing a medical doctor tell me stories of other
> women who have
> lost babies. Is it wrong to expect your doctor to be supportive and
> comforting?  I didn't expect him to lie to me and say he was absolutely
> sure everything would go fine, but do doctors have to harp constantly on
> everything that could go wrong, as if they expect it to happen any day?  Is
> a comment like, "I
> assume you are still pregnant?" right after a patient has had a bleeding
> scare what doctors should say to try to put their patients at ease?
> I just want to go crawl off into a hole somewhere.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Sherry}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
No, it is not too much to expect your dr to be supportive and comforting.
That man is beyond belief.
You can be honest about medical facts and be supportive and encouraging too.
I was so lucky with the peri I had while i was pg, I never got stories like
that at all.  (I talk about her because she did all my bg stuff for me while
I was pg, i wasn't on the pump at the time)
I hope your ob can get you into one of the other people.
I totally understand the avoiding conflict thing, I have often done the same
thing.  I don't see that this dr would have acted any different if you had
confronted him directly.
You are doing a great job taking care of yourself and your baby.
I know it's a lot of work but you are a good mom!  Don't let some jerky dr
take that away from you!

If any body is from the KC area and wants the name of a great wonderful
perinatologist just ask, she was amazing and caring and the best thing that
happened to me while i was in KC.

Faith
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!