Re: [IP] Day 1

  Hope you guys have read PUMPING INSULIN by John Walsh.  This is a MUST READ
for all interested in pumping. Third edition even has a section o  kids/teens
pumping!   Getting the basal rates figured out is by far the most difficult
thing to do.  But once it is done it is GRET.  Of course, with these kids it
is never going to be perfect becasue of their various activity levels and
hormones.  My son is 9 and has been on the pump for over a year now.  We are
doing the fasting BGs again to make sure that basal are still at a good
point.  Our endo suggests doing this once every quarter.

  Good luck and congradulations!!

mom to Joshua