Re: [IP] Bolus or temporary higher basal rate with highs?

>In a message dated 3/2/2001 9:09:21 AM Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted
><< Wouldn't a temp basal just
> delay the time until reaching normal range? >>
>Yes, but it may also be the right choice for me (and perhaps others).
>Hitting myself too hard with a bolus may result in a low or even a brief dip
>followed by raising blood sugar again.  Bringing my bg down slowly usually
>keeps things smoother.

As I said:  YMMV!

Darrin Parker    Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 3 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &
the http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/ mailing list.

of MDI!  (To date:  53% improvement in average bg's, 70% fewer hypos & a
decrease in standard deviation of test results of 70%)!