Re: [IP] Bolus or temporary higher basal rate with highs?

>What do you prefer to do when BG is slightly to high (around 180), and you
>know you need some extra insulin to get it down?
>Do you bolus a little, or does it work better to speed up the basal rate for
>a while? I think a bolus works to quickly some times, and makes my BG drop
>to low. (I guess YMMV, but it would be interesting to hear your experieces)
>507C 3 months

No question in my mind.  I bolus.  For a 180 I'd bolus and aim for my *mid
tohigh* target range but never my low range.  Wouldn't a temp basal just
delay the time until reaching normal range?

Darrin Parker    Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 3 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &
the http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/ mailing list.

of MDI!  (To date:  53% improvement in average bg's, 70% fewer hypos & a
decrease in standard deviation of test results of 70%)!