RE: [IP] Bolus or temporary higher basal rate with highs?

> What do you prefer to do when BG is slightly to high (around 180), and you
> know you need some extra insulin to get it down?
> Do you bolus a little, or does it work better to speed up the basal rate for
> a while? I think a bolus works to quickly some times, and makes my BG drop
> to low. (I guess YMMV, but it would be interesting to hear your experieces)
> Thanks
> Ingrid
> 507C 3 months

   I like to Bolus for high BG because I can knock them down quickly.
You need to work on finding out how far one unit of Humalog will knock
down your BG.  For myself, 1 unit of Humalog will take my BG down
between 90 and 100 points, but I am pretty sensitive to insulin.  Figure
this formula out and then you'll know exactly how much to Bolus and
won't have to worry about hypos.  I hope this helps.
R1000 6 months