[IP] Day 1

My son Brian is now a pumper!  (mm 508 using sils) It has only been just short
of 24 hours right now, but I would say, I think we did the right thing.
First, he feels "cool!"  The pump is much cooler than taking shots and when
you are 11 and in middle school it's cool to be cool!  He is using 3 basal
rates right now and has some temp. basals to use for moderate and strenuous
activity but our first attempts haven't been perfect.  He went low while still
at the doctors office on start-up day, he went low during basketball practice
that night, and was low at midnight, 2am and 4am!  Nothing some juice didn't
fix, so we make notes of what we did, what he bloused and try something a
little different the next time.  I know he and I will be able to "get the
kinks out."  Thank you to everyone on the list - just reading about your
successes (and troubles) helps me be positive in our approach with Brian.
Happy pumping!

Jocelyn, Mom of Brian