RE: [IP] DIABETES FROM CHICKEN POX( AND SHINGLES...)

Brian [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> 3.  Shingles is not a chronic but in fact acute infection.
>                  "Herpes zoster (shingles) is an acute localized
> inflammatory disease of a dermatomal segment of the skin.

The flare ups are acute, but the infection itself is chronic.  Once it is in
the nerve cells, it will be there until the person dies.  There are some
medications (i.e. acyclovir) which can control the infection, but it is not
eliminated.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted OR
mailto:email @ redacted