[IP] Bolus or temporary higher basal rate with highs?

What do you prefer to do when BG is slightly to high (around 180), and you
know you need some extra insulin to get it down?

Do you bolus a little, or does it work better to speed up the basal rate for
a while? I think a bolus works to quickly some times, and makes my BG drop
to low. (I guess YMMV, but it would be interesting to hear your experieces)

507C 3 months