[IP] NYTimes.com Article: U.S. Health Care System Said Lacking

This article from NYTimes.com
has been sent to you by email @ redacted

Here is the quote from the article I am sending that interests me.
"The health payment system can discourage doctors from doing the right thing, the report said. It cited physicians who give high-quality care that controls diabetics' blood sugar, only to see their incomes plummet as those patients' need for more expensive care declines -- and insurers pocket the savings."

Gee...and I thought nobody had noticed!  :-)
 Denise Guerin
Type 1 46 years
Minimed 507

/-------------------- advertisement -----------------------\

Get Home Delivery of The New York Times Newspaper.

Imagine reading The New York Times any time & anywhere you
like! Leisurely catch up on events & expand your horizons.
Enjoy now for 50% off Home Delivery! Click here:

http://www.nytimes.com/ads/nytcirc/index.html

U.S. Health Care System Said Lacking

March 2, 2001

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Too many Americans get inadequate, outdated or even unsafe therapy
because the nation's health care system is a tangled maze, the
Institute of Medicine said in a scathing report Thursday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/03/02/health/02ap-healthcare.html?ex=984528507&ei=1&en=fc30367f3ff740cd

/-----------------------------------------------------------------\

Visit NYTimes.com for complete access to the
most authoritative news coverage on the Web,
updated throughout the day.

Become a member today! It's free!

http://www.nytimes.com?eta

HOW TO ADVERTISE
New York Times on the Web, please contact Alyson
Racer at email @ redacted or visit our online media
kit at http://www.nytimes.com/adinfo

Copyright 2001 The New York Times Company