[IP] NYTimes.com Article: U.S. Health Care System Said Lacking

This article from NYTimes.com
has been sent to you by email @ redacted

Here is the quote from the article I am sending that interests me.
"The health payment system can discourage doctors from doing the right thing, the report said. It cited physicians who give high-quality care that controls diabetics' blood sugar, only to see their incomes plummet as those patients' need for more expensive care declines -- and insurers pocket the savings."

Gee...and I thought nobody had noticed!  :-)
 Denise Guerin
Type 1 46 years
Minimed 507

/-------------------- advertisement -----------------------\

Get Home Delivery of The New York Times Newspaper.

Imagine reading The New York Times any time & anywhere you
like! Leisurely catch up on events & expand your horizons.
Enjoy now for 50% off Home Delivery! Click here:

U.S. Health Care System Said Lacking

March 2, 2001

Too many Americans get inadequate, outdated or even unsafe therapy
because the nation's health care system is a tangled maze, the
Institute of Medicine said in a scathing report Thursday.

Visit NYTimes.com for complete access to the
most authoritative news coverage on the Web,
updated throughout the day.

Become a member today! It's free!

New York Times on the Web, please contact Alyson
Racer at email @ redacted or visit our online media
kit at http://www.nytimes.com/adinfo

Copyright 2001 The New York Times Company