Shingles is caused by the same varicella zoster virus (chicken
pox). It may lie dormant in the spinal cord until triggered by
risk factors (like stress or lowered immunity, among others.) So
it's not so much a double dose as it is that the virus has come
out of the dormant stage. Shingles always occurs only on one side
of the body along a pathway of nerve endings whereas CP makes pox
all over the body. But it's the same virus. It IS more common in
adults than children but anyone can get it.

Roxanne said:
Spot...cprrect me if I am wrong, but I believe that SHingles in
the 'Adult'
form of Chicken Pox...so the person below got a double does of
the CP virus!

little guy due 3/10/01
http://www.geocities.com/southard8/photos4.html (3D ultrasound