Re: [IP] No complications?

I think there is a very small possibility that you could live your entire
full life without ever getting any complications, but I don't know of any
actual cases. I see considerable difference in the number and seriousness of
complications, from person to person. I am speaking from 58 years as a Type
1, and I think I have fewer complications than lots of other people on this
list with much shorter duration of DM. I have heard stories about people who
really took good care of themselves but nevertheless developed serious
complications and passed away at a relatively young age. I don't think you
will shorten your life by taking good care of yourself!
Tom Beatson