Re: [IP] DIABETES FROM CHICKEN POX( AND SHINGLES...)

Brian <email @ redacted> wrote:

> You are correct both the Shingles and Chicken pox virus is the same.  the
> only difference is that the first time you get it it is Chicken Pox and
> every time after that its called Shingles.  They are both the same Herpes
> Virus.

Not quite.  While they are caused by the same virus, chicken pox is an acute
but diffuse illness.  Shingles is a chronic infection in nerve cells (ganglia,
IIRC)  and is usually localized.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of my
wife who runs this house and makes more important decisions than I do.