Re: [IP] No complications?

email @ redacted writes:

> I have a question though: Is it possible to live with
> Type 1 for one's entire life (till they pass away) without any
> complications if one takes care of themselves (ie: manage sugars,
> exercise, low-fat intake etc) or will everyone eventually have
> complications no matter what?
I've read it is possible with all the new stuff there is in the last 20 years
to keep blood sugars normal, they just don't know yet.  The stats are from
people who had pretty much poor control all their lives.
I have met one guy who has been IDDM for over 50 years and has no
complications.  Your genes have a lot to do with it too.
I wouldn't give up hope, who knows what the future will be for younger
diabetics??  Hope is a good thing.
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000