Gina... I've used so many different kinds of meters, I'm starting to feel
like an expert! The Freestyle is the current one I'm using. It claims to be
THE most accurate out there now. I like it for so many reasons... ease in
use, accuracy, quick results, NO finger sticks. (This is the kind that uses
the forearm.) It's great! As far as the insurance paying for it though, I
guess you'd have to ask them. I wouldn't recomment buying the strips, they're
quite costly. (Just like any other... over $45 for a box of strips) And with
the amount of times you are testing, that could get really bad. So, check it
out, I'm sure you'd LOVE it too!!