Re: [IP] how to get supplies with no insurance

>I have just met someone who suffers from Multiple Sclerosis and has just been
>diagnosed as a diabetic.  He had a great job with great insurance but lost his
>job.  He has no insurance now.  The doctors told him to check his bg 2x a day.
>I am not sure how many shots he is on but they told him that he will probably
>not be on shots forever.  Does anyone know of anywhere that he can get strips
>or supplies at a discount price.  I have seen posts on this before but can't
>remember any of the places.
>Any help will be greatly appreciated....
>Mel and pumpy

This is so sad.  That's North America!  get sick and the system abandoons you!

I suggest he try ebay for strips.  Lots of cheap strips going there all the
time!  usually sell for about 1/3 the retail price.

Darrin Parker    Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 3 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &
the http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/ mailing list.

of MDI!  (To date:  53% improvement in average bg's, 70% fewer hypos & a
decrease in standard deviation of test results of 70%)!