[IP] how to get supplies with no insurance

I have just met someone who suffers from Multiple Sclerosis and has just been
diagnosed as a diabetic.  He had a great job with great insurance but lost his
job.  He has no insurance now.  The doctors told him to check his bg 2x a day.
I am not sure how many shots he is on but they told him that he will probably
not be on shots forever.  Does anyone know of anywhere that he can get strips
or supplies at a discount price.  I have seen posts on this before but can't
remember any of the places.
Any help will be greatly appreciated....
Mel and pumpy