Thats what I think too,only it wasn't just that,but
two virus thingie's:
I got chicken pox when I was 6-probably the worst
thing that started all this immune-problem stuff
off.And then I got shingles when I was 14(I have no
idea why,maybe just am immune problem that started
years before at 6?I had always been a stocky,healthy
kid all my life and I wasn't under extreme stress per
say right then)Then at 16 I got diabetes and
hypothyroidism.None of my 5 siblings got shingles or
diabetes,even though they got chicken pox when I
did.So that is my theory that getting chicken pox was
the kicker to my getting diabetes,it lay dormant in my
body a few years before activating.Or maybe getting
shingles accelerated the autoimmune process.
Heidi(insurance approved 2/27/01)insulin pump)

Do You Yahoo!?