Re: [IP] DIABETES FROM CHICKEN POX...I'M ON OF THOSE :o)

I'm sorry if I disagree about this line but I have a hard time thinking the
diabetes is related to chicken pox.  Most people, usually as kids, gets C.P.
and not everyone gets dxd with IDDM.  Here again I think it is just something
in a person's genetic makeup or whatever that predisposes them to getting
certain illness, not just DM.  My son Josh had C.P. REALLY bad at the age of
2.5 and was not dxd with DM until THREE years later.  I was 11 when I got
C.P. and I do not have DM nor do I have any blood markers that would indicate
my ever getting DM (I was just part of a study at UW)  So though the illness
itself (C.P.) may have brought on your dxd of DM the chicken pox did not have
anything to do with you getting DM.  My son came down with a good case of the
flu while in the hosptal after dxd.  That was his 'trigger'  The DM was
already there but waiting for the trigger that would cause it  to appear.

Sylvia
mom to Joshua