[IP] DIABETES FROM CHICKEN POX...I'M ON OF THOSE :o)

In a message dated 3/1/01 11:40:33 AM Central Standard Time, email @ redacted
writes:

> . I had the chicken pox 6 months before
> and although no-one has confirmed it for me I know that the chicken pox lead

i was told i got diabetes from the chicken pox also, and this was back in
1983!  they say the chicken pox virus resembles the islet cells or something
in the pancreas so closely that when the anitbodies fight off the virus it
kills off the cells too, thus IDDM....... now maybe i explained it wrong, but
it sounds good to me :O)