[IP] QUESTION ABOUT SOF-SET AND THAT TAPIE THINGIE...LOL

I don't know what beige thing you are referring to. My soft-sets come
with a little strip over the
wings. You remove it to help hold the set in place while you place the
tape with the hole in it
over the set. Yes only part of it has ever come off with me. there is
always a small part on one side
that does NOT come off - don't ask me why - it has never bothered me.
They just trained me to only use one of the tapes with the holes in it,
then cover with the 3000 stuff to seal the opening in the
set.  Do whatever works for you. YMMV.