[IP] Re: Good Vent

> Why don't you see if they will allow you to give yourself your own Epo
>  I have always given my own Procrit (same thing, different manufacturers)
> shots with no problem, you already know how to give shots, since you started
> on MDI, and it's no difference.
> Cheryl

Well, Cheryl, it's like this. Insurance company. They won't allow me to have
an injectable although it would save them a LOT of $$$$$. (BTW, I never was on
MDI. For 31 years I had one shot a day, the following 2 had two shots a day =
DDI [Dual Daily Injections].)

And to continue on with the good vent - it turned into a very bad night. Went
to bed about 11:30 and my toes kept curling under and feet cramping. I kept
fighting it and trying to straighten them the opposite way. Finally at 1:00
a.m. I decided I wasn't going to sleep and I'd better take a Quinine tab neph
Rx'd for this. Last spring I took one with Diet Coke, passed out, hit the
corner of an outside wall on the way to the floor and I still have a visible
bruise. I laid on the floor 3-5 hours and threw up 3 times then.

So, I figured I'd better not take a whole tablet Tues. night/Wed. a.m. I have
a pill splitter so took only 1/4 tab with water. At 2:15 it ALL came up. Well,
not quite ALL since I had two more ALLs about an hour apart.  I'm sure the
cramping was from the loooooooonnnnnng walk (and back) to the infusion center
at that big hosp. did that number on my feet. The one nurse did show me a
diff. entrance and parking space I can use for the future.

With that episode and hardly eating anything yesterday, I can't praise pumping
more. I have enough to deal with without contending with the whims of
long-acting insulin too. (~_^)

http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND http://www.picturetrail.com/dmbashpics (now
with an album of the evolution of pumps)
Poor spellers of the world, untie!