Re: [IP] Light ice cream

At 06:43 AM 3/31/00 Anika Schon wrote:
 >You probably have met these brands already but just in case permit me to
 >mention that I regularly snarf Edy's. And I have discovered the Edy's
 >No-Sugar-Added Butter Pecan is about as good as it gets. Even my husband
 >loves the stuff. Standard serving of this (1/2 cup) has 5 g. fat and 12 g
 >carb. (I always eat multiples of the standard serving).

I don't bother with either the no-sugar or low-sugar ice-creams... they
seem to loose a lot of flavor and texture. Besides if I know the carbs, I
can easily compensate. I do try to use the reduced fat brands... most of
which are local, but there is a low-fat line from Breyers that I enjoy...
especially the flavor called French Chocolate. :-)

 >NOTE: to those who were talking about eating ice cream to get yourselves or
 >a loved one through the night, I'm not recommending this option to you
 >because obviously, losing the fat means losing the sustained release of the
 >glucose through the night.

Just curious... I used to ritually have a snack every evening when I was on
MDI. Now that I'm pumping however, a snack after dinner is purely optional.
If your basals are set right, why would you need to have extra carbs to
carry you through the night?? Just wondering...