[IP] Visual Aides

For those of us who don't see as well as the general population there is a
service of the "Lighthouse" - an organization devoted to assisting the
blind and visuallly handicapped. You can go to one of their centers and
they will evaluate you for fitting with a visual aid to improve your
vision. You need a letter of referral from an optometrist or
ophthalmologist. My wife who has high myopia went there and they prescribed
telescope glasses so she could see 20/20 instead of 20/100. I'd suggest you
call your local chapter first as they may not all require the referral -
That was the NYC chapter. My wife loved going there because it was across
the street from Bloomingdales.
A. L. Bender, M. D.