[IP] ACE inhibitors

> Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 18:31:47 EST
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] ACE inhibitors
> In a message dated 3/30/00 12:27:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> <<  I took Vasotec with no problem for several
>  years. My nephrologist changed me to Captopril and I got that *dry*
cough. >>
> why did your doc take you off the vasotec .. ii ask because i am on 5mg
> vasotec for about 5 years.  so far, thank g-d, no sign of kidney disease
> meyer   type 1    43 years   pumping for 1

I'm copying this message directly to you in case it does not make it to the
list. I'm bouncing and getting through sporadically.

I have no idea why the neph took me off Vasotec. My kidneys were functioning
at 35% at my first visit with him. He was young and cocky (have a diff. neph
now - his boss - looong story) and told me any BP med was good for kidneys.
I have had high BP for 20 years. He said I'd hear a lot about Captopril and
not to believe all the propaganda because the others did the same thing -
Captopril was the first to copyright their claims. The next visit he took me
off Vasotec and put me on Captopril. I could not tolerate C. I went back to
Vasotec myself and because of his furiousness at what I had done he threw me
out.  The boss neph put me on Cardura, Cozaar, Clonidine, and Norvasc. We
went to the Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor for a *2nd opinion.* They said it
was standard practice. The Clonidine kept me heavily sleeping with weird
dreams for about 2 hrs after breakfast every morning. I stopped that and can
now stay awake. If you are having success with Vasotec, I wouldn't question

Jan (60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)