Re: [[IP] insurance]

email @ redacted wrote:
>    After 6 months with mo insurance I thought our problems were solved when

> the kids got child health plus. I called the two companies that offered
> discounted insurance thru them. We picked Empire Blue Cross/ Blue Shield cuz

> they covered the pumping stuff and other equipment my 2 diabetics need.
> SURPRISE!!!!!!! After 2 months they have now decided they will not cover
> supplies cuz THEY don't think my kids should be pumping !! Since when is it

> the insurance companies choice???

It isn't the insurance company's choice. Your doctor prescribes it, they are
REQUIRED by Federal rteegulatins to provide what is needed as og asthe doctor
prescibes a standard diabetes treatment, which a pump certainly is.
Tell them they need to show you their MD degree! Then advise them you'd be
glad to havethe state insurance commisioner review their activities befre
shutting them down.

 I thought it was up to our endo and us!!
> They have also denied almost every prescription my kids have gotten.
>   Any ideas as to how to proceed?

Take notes of who says what and when. Be sure they understand you're ding s.
When they think they've wond up a conversation limiting yor overage ask them
sweetly for their Medical Director's separate phone number. Do it every time
you talk to them, and call them several times a day. Also ask for their
supervisor, and his supervisor, etc.....

>   When we ordered pump supplies they insisted that we order thru their
> of company . Now I'm getting billed and its $225 more than if I had just
> bought them thru Disetronic. GGRRR!!!!!!

Don't pay, once they have the money it's nearly impossible to get it back.
Complain, push, make it as public as you can and be sure they know you are.
You'll win.

Ted Quick