Re: [IP] Reusing Lancets

> At 10:32 PM 3/29/2000 , you wrote:
> >Is this a common practice? I can't imagine reusing a lancet on my 2-year-old!
> yup sure is  mine is going on 8 months now or so..  hehe
I don't know how accurate my numbers are, but the general scenario

The lancet is really a knive, look at it under a magnifying glass. It
is coated with a lubricant of some kind which wears off as the
"knife" is used. At some point in it's life cycle, the knife tip and
edge become chipped, bent, dulled -- partly because of increased wear
due to the loss of lubricating coating and partly from running into
things (like your finger). This is supposed to take a few days to a
week I think.