[IP] Re: Plane meals (was doctor visit today)

Lori and Sara wrote:

<<>   He said I could request a diabetic menu on the plane

you COULD, but why would you want to?  although I have to say, when you DO
order a special request meal, it is usually BETTER than the other ones...it
has been prepared "special" - not mass produced like the 4,789 other chicken
calzones that everyone else is getting, and sometimes the lo-sodium ones are
pretty good....but then, sometimes the food isn't that bad...do what YOU
want, not what the doctor says (in my humble opinion as one who thinks
doctors like yours are control freaks).  >>

I ordered diabetic meals on the plane for the first time when I went to
Germany last year.  There was a great advantage to this, the food was much
more to my liking than the fatty, sweet fare that was served to my husband
and daughter, and I got MY meal FIRST!  LOL  Other trips I made to Europe
were with tour groups and I tried to get diabetic meals but they never
seemed to end up on the plane probably because the tickets were bought
through the tour group and not by me directly as they were when I went to
Germany.  Anyhow, I was much happier with the diabetic meals than with the
regular plane fare.  As always, YMMV.

Type 1 for nearly 37 years, still waiting for insurance approval...