Re: [IP] ice cream...not forbidden on MDI

At 07:23 AM 3/30/00 Ruth Schneider wrote:
 >only recently has  the census  been out that ice cream is one of the BEST
 >bedtime snacks for those on MDI.  it sticks with you during the night and
 >when geneva  started eating it  (especially in a shake with 1 T.
 >cornstarch)...she never had middle of night lows again!

I love ice cream!! The only problem for me is the high fat content. For
those of us that are making at least a feeble attempt at a lower fat diet,
real ice cream can be a problem. I've been eating the low-fat varieties for
about 5 years now... not as good as the real thing, but definitely better
than nothing! :-)

(why is it that everything that tastes really good, is also high in fat??)