Re: [IP] how to dry out Disetronic pump?

Hi Charisma,

Well, next time, I'd put the red tappet thingie in, that'll stop any
further "sloshing." :-) Or, even better, as Michael suggested, just
disconnect. Unless Paddy's prone to taking hour-long showers, he should be
fine for 5 to 10 minutes. Even though the D. is waterproof, I still find it
easier to simply disconnect for the shower (no where to stash the darn

As for now, I think Jim's recommendation was good about leaving the luer
lock in place and removing the whole cartridge. However,this is just a
guess because I've always used, you guessed it, the red tappet thingie when
I get the pump wet. :-)

(Type I, 27 years, D. pumper since 10/95)