Re: [IP] To e-mail privately

At 03:40 PM 3/29/00 email @ redacted wrote:
>When I want to respond to a posting, I hit "reply to author", & the
>following appears, followed by the text of the original post - I deleted
>that part, for this example.

Everyone's emailer does work differently. As an example, I do not have a
message (as opposed to a preview), you'll normally see all of this stuff at
the top. It might look something like:

X-From_: email @ redacted Thu Mar 30 00:02:50 2000
From: email @ redacted
To: <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] To e-mail privately
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 18:40:33 -0500
Sender: email @ redacted

The real email address is after the "From:" header, which in this case is
the 3rd line down from the top of the header. In this example it's From:
email @ redacted Please note: your headers will vary widely, depending on
your mailer.

So, if I wanted to send this privately, I'd just copy email @ redacted and
paste it at the top of this message. Just paste it where it says "To:"
instead of the email @ redacted I just highlight and right-click on
my mouse for the copy and paste options... others may prefer to use their
keyboards to do the same thing after they've highlighted text with their
mouse: ctrl/c for copy and ctrl/v for paste.

Please note: I would strongly recommend that you never use the Reply-to-All
command on this list, if it is available in your mailer. This can cause
lots of problems here, besides sending people duplicate messages.