[IP] how to dry out Disetronic pump?

Would someone  mind being really specific about how to "dry the pump
out?"  I mean, I am sure it is simple, but it seems fuzzy to me
#1  Disconnecting the tubing from Paddy at he easy disconnect--no biggie
#2  unscrew the lid and the cartridge falls out and the --oh crimeny, what
is that called--the screw thingy.piston!
So if I get all that out and the  inside of the chamber dry--I put
the piston n back in and the cartridge and..

do I have to tell the pump he has insulin again?  Do I have to
reprogram anything?

 I just thought you could NOT unscrew the insulin chamber until you
 had to change the whole thing????
 Charisma )