[IP] To e-mail privately

I've been out for a while, so I've got a LOT of catching up to do.  I did see the post about someone trying to e-mail someone personally, but not being able to find their address, & Sam's follow-up on finding it on the webpage.  As someone who is operating on one of the world's slowest systems (or so it seems at times), I wanted to offer another possible option with less steps & waiting time involved.  As I am not the "techexpert" here, I do not know if this works for everyone's e-mail system...but it's worth a try!
When I want to respond to a posting, I hit "reply to author", & the following appears, followed by the text of the original post - I deleted that part, for this example.
-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
Date: Saturday, March 04, 2000 7:54 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] strange low behavior
I simply click on the address after "From:", which usually allows me to begin a new message to be sent directly to that address, that of the original poster.  If for some reason this does not happen (sometimes the mysteries of this machine are completely beyond me), then I highlight & copy the address, close up the reply I had thus started to cancel it, then begin "new message" & paste in the address I have copied to be the "To:" address.
Hope this helps!