Re: [Re: [IP] trash generated by D+ site question]

email @ redacted wrote:
> In a message dated 03/29/2000 9:49:32 AM Central Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> > One concern I have--when folks use the softset, and pull the needle back
> >  out, that is just and accident waiting to happen--is there a piece I am
> >  missing to cap that ????   it seems like a nasty one to forget about
> >  crumpling the mess, or squishing my trash down  !  And ya KNOW I'm gonna
> >  it.  What do ya'll do?
> >
> there is a little rubber piece (almost looks like a stopper) that i put the

> needle into and then throw it in my sharps container.

Actually the rubber piece is supposed to be used to cap the QR disconnect
needle inside the plastic fitting.

The introducer needle needs to be handled like any other medical sharps,
disposed of in marked containers, possibly at your doctor's office or a
hospital if your state has regulations. Same thing as you should have done
with your disposable needles before you got the pump.

Ted Quick