Just hang in there for a while. My son, Kevin almost went into a little
depression after having his pump on the first couple of days. He had the soft
sets and every time we changed a site, he had to sit for about 15 mins as I
gently rubbed the area near the site. After a couple of months we changed to
the micro soft sets and the insertion was much much better, he says he barely
feels a thing. The little red dot you are seeing may be just the soft set
itself. Once we hit a capillary and noticed high bgs and after a few hours of
checking everything but the site, we looked and saw about 2 - 3 inches of
blood in the line.

Just keep encouraging him and heck, bribery works wonders...lol

Good luck, Linda, Mom to Kevin