We also have Blue Cross and my husband has a MiniMed 508 that we just got in
February.  BlueCross wanted proof of the necessity of the pump, but when
that was satisfied-- MiniMed took care of all the billing for us and
BlueCross paid 100% of $5400 for the pump and are paying 100%of all the
supplies.  We live in Washington- I don't know if things vary from state to
state.  Good Luck!