From: Bethany T. Benton [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2000 11:31 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IP] trash generated by D+ site question

One concern I have--when folks use the softset, and pull the needle back
out, that is just and accident waiting to happen--is there a piece I am
missing to cap that ????   it seems like a nasty one to forget about while
crumpling the mess, or squishing my trash down  !  And ya KNOW I'm gonna do
it.  What do ya'll do?

In each soft set package there is a soft plastic cap to use with the Quick
release.  I keep one in a plastic container and carry it with me.  Every
time I do a site change I cap the inserter needle with the soft plastic cap.
(Not the cap that covers the end going to the reservoir - there's another
one.)  Granted the needle is bigger than the cap - but it covers about 1/2
inch of the needle.

Hope that helps.

Bethany
IDDM 15 yrs